Some time ago I heard a saint preach that most people (especially men) didn’t quickly know or couldn’t tell what they were thankful for in their spouse and others in their lives.
Being unthankful is a huge sin to our Lord and some of us, like me, who have high expectations of ourselves and others can get pretty discouraged with the state of affairs these days.
I asked Jesus to give me the top 10 things and then others also I was thankful for in my wife. I wrote these down in a minute or two, thanking our Lord and Savior for His gift to men with wives like this.
Perhaps this and/or other relationships are tough now. We all go through that in our lives. Some of you men might even be married to a Christian feminist. I was too years ago. It was terrible. Those women and men like them are specialists in abuse. Perhaps you need to take inventory to see how you stand in your marriage if this is the case.
No matter how difficult a situation may be, there’s almost always something to be thankful for in them.
It’s one way we can bless our Lord! Praise in tough situations actually alerts the spirit world to our obedience and faith in our eventual deliverance in every disturbing situation.
Why not give thanks to Him beginning now for your spouse and others, asking Him to help you do your own list? Make certain you communicate it to them often, especially as God gives you additional things in their lives that are worthy of thankfulness. His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Here’s my list I made for my wife, and may help prime your pump:
- Loves God with all her heart, soul, mind and strength
- Fears the Lord
- Desires to hear from the Holy Spirit
- Strives to obey
- Has a big heart for her husband
- Wonderful mother and grandmother
- Loves to serve others first
- Big heart for the disenfranchised, i.e. poor, blind, lame, crippled, widow, orphan
- Good listener
- Prayer warrior
- Loves to sing and praise Jesus
- Takes good physical care of herself
- Desires to disciple women to excellence, not American mediocrity
- Ecstatic over the wonders of God’s creation
- Desires to live more simply so we may give more $ away to those in need worldwide
- Proclaims (not “shares”) the truth in love, admonishing to present every person complete in Christ (Col 1.28) – a rare trait among western Christians
- Sexually faithful
- Extraordinary cook
- Gentle and not physically abusive or violent
- Loves enemies
I am, among men, most blessed. And so are you, beloved, if this is your situation.
If none of these fit the person at hand, ask the Holy Spirit to give you one thing. One thing. And then another.
He will answer…be patient. If you’re abused, seek help, and contact us.
Please comment on this post right below. Feel free to write and proclaim your leadings in the Spirit in an honorable fashion.
Your friend and brother in fighting the good fight,
Saints, we’re one day closer to Home, and Him! Love Him wholeheartedly!
You may view our Archives here: MONDAY MANNA – ARCHIVES; Complete Archives; feel free to write and proclaim your leadings in the Spirit in an honorable fashion. May our Father richly bless you with His grace, through Jesus Christ our Lord, in order to walk worthy of His name.
Marc White, Director, Walk Worthy Ministries, www.WalkWorthy.org